Wednesday, January 4, 2012

SANTA!!!!

Christmas is such a wonderful holiday.  My husband says it is the best day because everyone gets presents, no one works, and you get to spend time with your family.  Well, this Christmas was one I know I won't forget...and, I hope, one my son won't forget!

In true Procrastinating Humminbird style, I saved wrapping presents until Christmas Eve.  (I was quick to regret that decision at 1:30am when I was still wrapping.)  Once I finally finished the presents and crawled into bed, I could hardly sleep knowing what was going to happen in a few short hours.  One of the biggest kids when it comes to Santa, my hubby, had planned a night to dream about for years. 

I woke up to a big thud and jingle bells, dashed to get Buddy out of bed, tip-toed down the stairs holding him, and whispered in his ear, "there he is.  It's Santa!"  Buddy's eyes opened slowly at first and then quickly became the size of saucers!  I will never forget it!  We didn't stay long enough (I realize that looking back), but we didn't want Santa to catch us.  As Santa turned to get his bag left by the fireplace, Buddy and I ran back up the stairs and jumped in his bed.  I tried asking if he wanted to go see him again, but Buddy understood the importance of Santa thinking we were asleep.  He kept telling me to "GO TO SLEEP!"  When we thought Santa was gone, we ran and woke Daddy up to tell him about it.  He didn't believe us until we showed him the pictures!  Needless to say, no one went back to sleep.  And, sweet Buddy waited 4 hours for his sister to wake up to open presents....never complaining or begging to open them!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!


No comments:

Post a Comment