Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome!

Hello.  I am new to the blogging world, but I knew that I needed to take some time to document my wonderful life.  I also needed something that would hold me accountable for all of those projects that I start and never complete. 

You may wonder why I named the blog "The Procrastinating Hummingbird."  I originally had another name about my children (we will refer to them as "Buddy," a bright and very talkative four-and-a-half year old son, and "Boo," my sweet and carefree one-and-a-half-year old daughter.)  However, since I wanted to use this to help me do some things for myself, I thought it would be fitting to give an accurate description of who I am.  It has taken over 30 years to truly realize this, but I may be the queen of procrastination.  I don't know why or where it came from, but it seems to be getting worse and not better as the years pass.  The hummingbird part goes back to high school when a friend and I were discussing the question of what animal we would be.  My animal was a hummingbird because "their wings flap a mile a minute yet they get nowhere."  I tend to scurry about, but never complete things.  Now that the new year is upon us....I am going to work on the completion aspect and hope to change the image of the hummingbird in my mind to someone whose wings move so fast, accomplishing so much, yet no one understands how because they look so calm.

I hope you enjoy the posts about my family, my day to day life (including watching a friend's two young daughters in addition to my own children), and my struggles to kick this procrastination habit in the rear!  (Let's just hope this blog doesn't turn out to be another reason to not get things done.)

No comments:

Post a Comment